The Importance of Air Sealing and Insulating Attics
Upgrading attic insulation is a popular energy-saving improvement because more energy (and money!) is lost through the attic than through any other part of the house. What makes matters worse is improperly or poorly installing inadequate attic insulation. Existing attic insulation in many homes may be as minimal as R-19– which pales in comparison to the recommended R-value!
Going through a freezing winter with so little insulation is like wearing a cotton shirt in a ice storm. What your house really needs is the equivalent of a thick down-filled parka. The U.S. Department of Energy recommends between R-38 and R-60 of attic Insulation in north central Kansas That’s at least a 16-in.-thick blanket of Cellulose insulation!
Insulating Your Attic to Recommended Levels Can Cut Heating & Cooling Costs By 20% or More.
If inadequate attic insulation is costing you money, Howell Healthy Homes can help!
Contact us for a FREE Attic Insulation Estimate
Insulation prevents heat transfer. It prevents hot air from being transferred to the outside in the wintertime, and prevents the attic’s scorching heat from being transferred into the living areas of your home during the summer.
Combine Attic Insulation & Air Sealing for Increased Energy Efficiency. Air sealing is a critical step when insulating an attic because sealing air leaks stops conditioned interior air from leaking into the attic. Howell Healthy Homes uses a variety of materials and techniques to stop this energy-wasting air leakage.
Installing baffles ensures proper attic ventilation. Sized to fit between the rafters in the attic, plastic baffles maintain a ventilation space between the attic’s soffit vents (located along the eaves) and the ridge vent. Installing baffles before adding more attic insulation helps avoid damage from ice damming and excess moisture.
Old insulation can be reused, most of the time. If the existing insulation is not wet, moldy or overly compressed, it can usually be put back into place after the attic has been air-sealed and before new insulation is installed.
Contact us today to schedule your Home Performance Audit to identify where your home needs more insulation. Our audit also diagnoses the other energy issues in your home– which may be the larger factors in your home’s high utility bills and discomfort. We offer attic insulation installation Manhattan, Junction City, Abilene, Clay Center, Beloit, Washington , Concordia KS and surrounding areas.
What to expect when you contact us:
1. We Pick up the phone or return your call within 15 minutes.
2. We ask you a few brief questions about your home, so we can make sure our company has solutions for your problems.
3. We schedule a free appointment to inspect your home. Evenings and weekends are an option if necesssary.
4. Allow one to two hours for the inspection and home performance audit.
5. We provide a written proposal for the services you want quoted on the spot. No waiting!
6. We offer a low-price guarantee for “like and kind” services by licensed contractors.
7. We offer no high-pressure sales. We want you to get all the facts and make an informed decision.
8. We sign contracts and then schedule and perform the work. YOU SAVE $$!
Call today 785-447-3148! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
A NICE, COZY BLANKET FOR THIS HOME!
Prepping for blown in cellulose includes building a walkway
Covers for your recessed can lights are vital for avoiding heat loss and a serious fire hazard!